Back to school!!
I woke up late in the morning as I heard my mom shout”This is going to be your last day to sleep for long hours”. Yes, it was the last day as my school was going to reopen after summer vacation. I stood leaning against the wash basin with brush in my mouth. I was recalling what I did all these holidays? Suddenly my dad comes running and says “Your school is going to open tomorrow!!” I lazily nod my head saying ‘Yes’. Then my mom hurriedly reads the list of items for school aloud” two sets of notebooks,pencils,pens,brown cover roll, new uniform set from tailor, socks ,shoes, bag…”the list went on. I praised my mom for a few moments as she was so planned and organized.
I finished the glass of milk kept for me on the table, and then grabbing the TV remote sank into the cozy sofa. As I switched on the TV, my dad from opposite sofa peeped through his reading glasses over the newspaper. He then remarks” Beta, from tomorrow you please don’t waste your time on that idiot box, read newspaper you will learn many words and knowledge. O.K”I remained silent, then a thought went through my mind” I hardly watch TV for few hours, but they say as if I watch for whole day”. I kept changing from channel to channel, then again I hear my dad say “why do you keep changing channels? Even your mind gets unstable like that, practice concentrating Beta”. I was wondering how is concentration how channel searching linked to concentration?
Suddenly my mom comes out of the kitchen saying “Today I am not gonna cook, lets have lunch out side and then go for shopping.” My dad agreed and both were busy with their own chores. We collected my new uniform from our trustworthy tailor, brought new text books and had lunch. After heavy lunch we went to a super market where I found a board which said “Back to school offer”! .We filled our shopping cart with all required materials and some house hold items. Then the question came when selecting labels on the note books. My mom asked me “Do you want Barbie or Dora?”I chose Barbie . My dad smiled and said” You are grown up and you still need cartoons?”. I gave a thought to that I statement and was wondering I would be most happy if colleges followed same rule of covers labels etc, as it was last year of my schooling! Enjoy schooling.